Overkill LAN: USF #12 -TONIGHT!
Written by Matthew Doll
Friday, 24 February 2012
Tonight is our LAN Party at USF. Doors open at 6:00pm. If you
haven't registered for the BYOC yet, you can still come. At 7:00 we will fill any
remaining seats first come, first serve. We will have no shows. Please
remember to bring a College ID.
A few reminders...
- Read the rules page
- Set Steam to Offline Mode. This will prevent a Friday Steam update from crashing the LAN
- Backup your critical files, and what you're working on like
your final paper, thesis etc to an external hard drive, dvd, 5 1/4
diskette, thumb drive etc. The last thing you want is drop your
computer leaving the lan and loose something important.
- Update your computer over at Windows Update to get the latest patches.
- Update your graphics driver.
- If you don't own L4D1/ 2, TF2, Counter Strike Source, etc. and want to play them at the LAN, Now! is the time to buy and install them before hand. Do the right thing and buy the games you want to play.
- Plan ahead how to get to the lan and how you are going to fit your computer safely in your car.
- Double check that you have everything you need to have a great night: We're not kidding that you need to bring a mouse pad.
- Please before you pack up your computer, Test all
of the games you think you might play and make sure they are
fully updated and working. Internet at the LAN will be VERY
- To prevent power problems at the LAN, Please attempt to
alternate desktop/laptop down the tables. There is a limit of 2
desktops to one of our powerstrips. We don't want a circuit
breaker to trip.
- If for some reason you or neighbor doesn't have the latest
update for a game at the lan, please see the help desk rather than
trying to download it. We have local copies of the updates
available for the games we are hosting.
Can't wait to frag with you tonight! Bring a Friend!